Investing for a sustainable, low carbon future
The Schroder ISF* BlueOrchard Emerging Markets Climate Bond fund is a scalable and liquid impact investing strategy, purchasing primarily emerging markets issued climate bonds contributing to the achievement of climate action Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and providing strong diversification features.
The Fund aims to contribute to a sustainable, low carbon future by investing in mainly green bonds issued by emerging market and developed market issuers with a proven environmental impact, and an alignment to the achievement of the SDGs, as well as other bonds aligned to the climate action SDGs.
*Schroder International Selection Fund is referred to as ‘Schroder ISF’
- Unique climate bond strategy based on an actively managed investment process and proprietary impact framework ‘B.Impact’
- Access to a scalable, UCITS compliant, daily liquid, impact investing strategy
- BlueOrchard as leading impact investment manager leveraging Schroders’ robust Schroder ISF platform
- Investing with a manager with a 20 years track record in emerging markets and solid track record in managing impact/green bond portfolios
- Focus on climate action (SDG 13)
- Investors seeking to invest in fixed income emerging market strategies which combine high positive environmental impact and solid financial returns
- Investors requiring liquidity and UCITS compliant funds
Social and environmental impact
The Schroder ISF BlueOrchard Emerging Markets Climate Bond aims to support the transition to a low carbon economy and more climate resilient society. By combining climate action issuers and bonds, including green, sustainability, sustainability-linked bonds, with an emerging markets focus, we are able to offer a viable solution for investors looking to tackle both the climate challenge but also support those markets that are most vulnerable to the effects of climate change.
The Fund is exposed to various risks and may lose value or may not perform as expected. Risks may include, amongst others, credit risk related to emerging markets investments and liquidity risk. Please see the KIID and Prospectus for a full list of risk considerations applicable to this Fund.
UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) addressed by the Fund
The Fund aims at contributing to the transition towards a sustainable, low carbon future with specific SDGs in scope:
Fund documents can be accessed here.
The Fund has the objective of sustainable investment within the meaning of Article 9 of Regulation (EU) 2019/2088 on Sustainability-related Disclosures in the Financial Services Sector (the “SFDR”). Please find the SFDR disclosure here.
Schroder International Selection Fund BlueOrchard Emerging Markets Climate Bond
Société d'Investissement à Capital Variable (SICAV)
Schroder Investment Manager (Europe) S.A
BlueOrchard Finance Ltd
J.P. Morgan Bank Luxembourg S.A.
17 June 2021
Yes, FX exposure is hedged back to the share class reference currency