The first private and fully commercial microfinance investment fund worldwide
- Solid 20 years track record
- 4.35 % annualized return since inception
- Purest microfinance debt (no equity or FX risk)
- Low correlation to other asset classes
- Highly optimized risk/return profile
- State of the art investment process combining rigorous on site due-diligence, proprietary research and tools with strong risk management
- Double bottom line investments: financial return and social impact
- Correlation to MSCI World -0.05
- 1.87 Sharpe ratio since inception
- Target return: USD 6M LIBOR+ 400 – 500 basis points p.a.
- Strong geographical diversification, low volatility
The BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund (BOMF) was founded in 1998 as the first private and fully commercial microfinance investment fund in the world. Since its inception, it has been managed strategically as a pure fixed-income fund, investing in microfinance institutions in emerging and frontier markets, with systematic currency hedging. This allows investors to obtain stable and attractive financial returns while fostering financial inclusion. It is open to institutional and private investors in USD/EUR/CHF.
The BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund fosters financial inclusion and shared prosperity. Microfinance institutions provide loan capital and increasingly savings, insurance and related products to low-income groups, enabling them to create and grow income-generating activities and to break out of poverty. The BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund supports microfinance institutions in expanding their outreach, improving the quality and appropriateness of their financial services, and encourage the development of new products such as savings, insurance and payment services.
The BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund has received independent verification for its alignment with the Principles. Read the full disclosure statement here.
SDGs addressed by the Fund
- Trade calendar 2021
- BOMF share-classes list
- German-domiciled investors
- Italian-domiciled investors
- UK-domiciled investors 2019
- UK-domiciled investors 2020
Taxable values for investors domiciled in Austria: DE
We have been witnessing a steady increase in investor demand for BOMF over the past quarters and anticipate this strong demand to continue. While this development clearly reflects the Fund’s ongoing strong performance and rigorous investment process, BlueOrchard has decided to take pro-active measures in order to protect the interest of existing investors as well as the Fund’s investment strategy against dilution.
Effective as of November 1st, 2019 the Fund will be therefore temporary soft closed. Existing BOMF investors will not be affected by this in any way and can continue to invest in the Fund. New investors will be able to invest by invitation only.
This soft closure is a temporary measure only and will be reviewed periodically. The Fund will be open to new investors again as soon as BlueOrchard considers it to be in the interest of existing investors.
Please find the SFDR: Article 9 for the fund here.
BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund
SICAV Luxembourg, part II
BlueOrchard Finance Ltd
Date of inception
18 September 1998
USD / EUR / CHF
P share terms
Monthly, 1 day notice
Monthly, 30 days notice
I share terms
Monthly, 1 day notice
Monthly, 90 days notice