The first private and fully commercial microfinance investment fund worldwide
- Solid 20 years track record
- 4.35 % annualized return since inception
- Purest microfinance debt (no equity or FX risk)
- Low correlation to other asset classes
- Highly optimized risk/return profile
- State of the art investment process combining rigorous on site due-diligence, proprietary research and tools with strong risk management
- Double bottom line investments: financial return and social impact
- Correlation to MSCI World -0.05
- 1.87 Sharpe ratio since inception
- Target return: USD 6M LIBOR+ 300 – 400 basis points p.a gross of fees.
- Strong geographical diversification, low volatility
The BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund (BOMF) was founded in 1998 as the first private and fully commercial microfinance investment fund in the world. Since its inception, it has been managed, by investing in microfinance institutions in emerging and frontier markets, with systematic currency hedging. The Fund aims to allow investors to obtain stable and attractive financial returns while fostering financial inclusion.
The BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund fosters financial inclusion and shared prosperity. Microfinance institutions provide loan capital and increasingly savings, insurance and related products to low-income groups, enabling them to create and grow income-generating activities and to break out of poverty. The BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund supports microfinance institutions in expanding their outreach, improving the quality and appropriateness of their financial services, and encourage the development of new products such as savings, insurance and payment services.
The BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund has received independent verification for its alignment with the Principles. Read the full disclosure statement here.
Figures as of June 2021
SDGs addressed by the Fund
- BOMF share-classes list
- Trade calendar 2022
- Fund SFDR: Article 9
- German-domiciled investors
- Italian-domiciled investors
- UK-domiciled investors 2021
Taxable values for investors domiciled in Austria: DE
BlueOrchard Microfinance Fund
SICAV Luxembourg, part II
BlueOrchard Finance Ltd
Alternative Investment Fund Manager
BlueOrchard Asset Management (Luxembourg) S.A.
Date of inception
18 September 1998
USD / EUR / CHF / GBP / NOK / SEK
P share terms
Monthly, 1 day notice
Monthly, 30 days notice
I share terms
Monthly, 1 day notice
Monthly, 90 days notice