BlueOrchard Impact Summit White Paper
The BlueOrchard Impact Summit 2018, held in Pontresina, Switzerland, on October 3-4, 2018, was centered around the key topic “Closing the Gap”. The main objectives of the summit were to:
- give attention to the pressing global social and environmental challenges of our time: poverty, rising inequalities and the consequences of climate change;
- raise awareness about the alarming investment gap for achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in developing countries;
- provide a platform for all stakeholders to share best practices and success stories; discuss how to mobilize and upscale the resources required to achieve SDGs;
- start a debate and enhance cooperation.
This white paper synthesizes the experience, expertise, and contributions of the summit’s speakers and attendees and reflects on specific areas where we can work together to contribute to closing the SDGs’ $2.5 trillion investment gap in developing countries. It was written for all participants of the summit as well as everyone who is interested in closing the SDGs investment gap and in impact investing.
- BlueOrchard Impact Summit White Paper